Tuesday, November 18, 2008

PLN 12: A Prayer for the Day

In the article, Prayer for the Day, by Natavillage, what matters is religion, and the coming together of people to praise God by singing to him and praying. This shows real faith in the community in that they can come together and thank God for all their blessings. Even though they are not as fortunate as most other people in the world, they are grateful for what they have, and they show their gratitude by praising and thanking God.
I think that it’s really neat when there are people out in the world who know that they don’t have as much as others, but who are extremely grateful for what they have been blessed with, and who aren’t afraid to show it by thanking God for all their success. If we all took a moment to think about how much we have been blessed, we would all be amazed. Every one of us has a home to live under, heat when we are cold, food to eat daily, family, plumbing, and running water. There are places in the world who eat once every two to three days, who have to walk three miles to get water, who have weak roofs so they are not protected when it rains, and who have to suck it up when they are hot or cold. There are even people who eat what they can find on the street, and who live in boxes with no blankets during the winter. They don’t even think about owning such things as an iPod, a camera, a TV, or a computer. To them, that is dream world. To us, that’s reality. We have all been blessed with so much more than we really need to get by. We should be extremely thankful for all that we have today.
I know that my family blesses food before we eat, and we say our prayers before we go to bed, thanking God for everything we have been blessed with. I know that I feel especially thankful to be placed in a Christian family with God-fearing parents. I have so much to be grateful for, that I have nothing to be ungrateful about. I know that I often take for granted all the blessing I have. Around this holiday season, I would like to do what I could to help the less fortunate, whether it is giving food to a food drive, or giving a toy to a sponsored angle child, I am going to do what I can to help the less fortunate have as good of a holiday season as I have. Then more people will have something to be thankful for. By helping these people, I am helping bless another human being.

No comments: